Monday, July 16, 2007

Hot Sulphur Springs

While Abby was busy going to the pool, and camping with Papi and Grammy I was relaxing with my mom at the Hot Sulphur Springs. My mom and I headed up to the mountains on Sunday morning with a brief stop at Starbucks for an iced coffee. We spent the day laying in the sun, soaking in the hot springs pools, chatting, eating and reading. It was an awesome day, the weather was perfect and it was a very relaxing day for both of us. On the way home we stopped at a hotel right outside the hot springs resort where my mom had stayed years ago. She said the man that owned it was a character and really preferred not having any customers. We stopped in for a Diet Coke and I could see what she meant. When we walked in the owner (the same guy from years ago) barley lifted his eyes from the tv he was watching and grunted at us. My mom told him what we were after and he just looked at us like we were crazy and said, "you know you interrupted my nap". He was pretty annoyed with us but got our diet cokes and let us explore the hotel. It isn't the nicest place in the world, but it was clean and cheap ($44.00 per night, the same as the last time my mom stayed there) and it served its function. I would love to go back there someday with Andrew and stay there and enjoy the town and the hot springs together....maybe next time we are in Colorado together we can sneak up there for a day or two!!!
This was our favorite pool. It was about 110 degrees and the waterfall was even hotter!

Here is the view from the sun deck. It was beautiful and very peaceful!!
Here is the hotel
Notice how he spelled "single" and look at when the hotel is closed. Too funny!!

1 comment:

Sam said...

And maybe Wed...that's the funniest thing I've ever seen! I love the Hot Springs! Glad you had a nice time!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com