Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gymnastics

Abby and I started a parent/tot gymnastics (or as Abby calls it, Abbys sticks) class a few weeks ago and this was the first time I remembered to bring my camera. We had been watching Aunt Ana (who is a fabulous gymnast by the way) for a few weeks and Abby seemed very interested. I jumped at the chance to put her in a class at the same gym! Abby absolutely LOVES gymnastics and I can see improvement in her hand/eye coordination, balance, and listening to directions every week. Her coach/teacher is Lizzy and she wouldn't even let her look at her the first week, now she adores her teacher. She even gave her a hug today! It is a 45 minute class every Wednesday and she sure gets out a lot of energy while she is there! Here are some of the pictures I got today. Sorry they aren't the best, but as I said...this is parent/tot gymnastics and I am working hard too!!!

Here is Abby in front of the house on our way to gymnastics


The girl in the background in the green shirt is Lizzy, Abby's teacher.


Concentrating on the balance beam.


This is a pit with a bunch of styrofoam blocks. I thought Abby would be scared of it, but she jumped right in and slowly crawled her way all the way to the other side. It was a lot of work for her little body, but she was determined to make it. I was so proud of her!

Here was the prize at the other side of the styrofoam pit...a slide! She had a ball sliding down and landing in the pit!


At the end of every class, the girls sit on the yellow line and they all get stamps on their feet. Abby talks about the stamps for 2 or 3 days after they have been washed off!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I love the tutu/leotard. She's such a cutie! Looks like lots of fun :)

Unknown said...

I cant wait to check out her mad moves when I get back. Will she be doing back flips when I get back? Hugs and kisses to you and Abigail.

Love,
Andrew

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com