Monday, July 02, 2007

34 miles of Army fun

A few weeks back I participated in a 34 mile ruck march though the mountains of Honduras. There were ~20 American soldiers and airman, plus ~20 Honduran military members. We did it as a way to build better relations between us and our hosts here. It was truly rewarding completing it, but also quite sucky at the same time. The Army loves there misery, and there was plenty of it over the two days. Lots of rain, lightning, cow crap, washed out trails, bugs, and blisters. Which reminds me, I learned aa new Army word while on this march. They call rain "liquid sunshine." Lovely huh? All in all it was an awesome experience, and one I will do again if given the opportunity.

Our ride out...CH-47 Chinook





The rain put a stop to our support vehicle

Spent the night in a cow field under my poncho

Day two brought some welcomed flat terrain

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey buddy - good to see some pictures of what you do for R & R ;-) LYMI, Mom

The Vrabecs said...

I am very proud of you...you know that is not my cup of tea, but it looks like you had a good time! Miss you. xoxo

Sam said...

Wow, that's pretty cool. I am with Cheyna, not my cup of tea, but Brian thought it was really cool!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com