Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Growing up too fast

I have seen many changes in Abby in the past few months, weeks, and days. She isn't a baby anymore, she is a toddler, and at times a kid. Just tonight, I was reading to her before bed and she made me scoot over so she could sit next to me on the couch rather than on my lap. We have kicked the paci habit, we are making great strides in our potty training efforts, we have started gymnastics, she is talking in sentences, and she is very opinionated and not afraid to share! I have been enjoying her new found independence and her longer attention span but the terrible twos are on the horizon and they rear their ugly head everyone in a while. Abigail will be a totally different person when her Daddy gets back from his deployment. I am sad that he hasn't been able to share in these milestones, as I am sure he is as well! I am excited about how far Abby has come and I can't wait to see what she does next. But...at times I miss the days when she was immobile, completely and totally dependent on me. When she would sleep in my arms, and smile at the sound of my voice. My little girl is growing up! I know its a cliche but they really do grow up before your eyes!!! Here are a few shots that show the progression in the past few weeks.

I know I already have this picture on the blog, but its the last picture I have of Abby with a paci in her mouth.

Here is Abby playing with (gasp) Barbies!!! And so it begins!!

Her first pedi! Like mother, like daughther...what a princess!

2 comments:

Susan said...

She'll have to play with Tammy dolls when she comes to Baraboo. Grammy didn't have Barbies.

Sam said...

Okay, between you and Andrew, I better start getting the kleenex box ready when I read your blog! They do grow fast, though, I am with you there. Love you guys!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com