Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pink, pink, and more pink!!!

Last Saturday, Sam graciously hosted an awesome baby shower for me. Sam lived up to her reputation as "hostess with the mostess" and went way above and beyond to make this a memorable event for me. It was a wonderful afternoon with yummy food, great friends, and lots of laughs. I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for their generosity and for showering me, our baby girl, and even Abby with gifts and more importantly, love! Many of the girls offered help when the baby comes and I am so thankful to have these women in my life. One of the hardest things about being in the military is being so far from family especially when you have a newborn! But, since I am surrounded by such awesome friends we will have all the help we need. Thank you Sam for putting this together for me, it was a blast and I truly appreciate it!

Opening gifts

All the gals!!

The yummy food

The beautiful cake

They made me share!!

Myself and Martha Stewart, I mean Sam!!
P.S. As you can see from the title of this post, pink seemed to be a major theme for this shower. I know that is the case for most showers when the baby is going to be a girl but this was a bit different because everyone that attended the shower has boys. Erika is the only other person that has a daughter but she isn't due till a few months after me! I heard several times that these girls were excited to buy baby girl stuff and they did a wonderful job!! Just thought that was a neat fact that I should share :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of pink in your life! :o) Your very blessed, Cheyna. We can't wait to see ya'll again.

Sam said...

I had help and I also had sooo much fun doing it. Now I'm just anxious to hold that sweet baby girl!

The Kendall Family said...

So sweet! I love your top!! Wish I could have been there:( Love, bec

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com