Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A whirlwind trip to DC

Last Thursday, Abby and I boarded a plane for DC. We met my Dad, Jane, Greta and Duke at the Dulles airport and headed out to Leesburg, VA. for my cousins wedding. Abby did really well on the flights considering she is sick and she didn't have a nap at all! I know I have said it before, but this is the last time I travel with her without buying her a seat! Anyway, the hotel we booked was a suite but it didn't have an extra room for Abby and after the first night of having her in the same room as me, she ended up sleeping in the pack-n-play in the bathroom!! This was after having her up from 11:30-3:00am and then again from 4:30-5:30am. She just doesn't want to sleep if she can see me. I tried having her sleep in bed with me and she just wanted to play. After I moved her to the bathroom (which was huge by the way) she slept all night without a peep!

Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner which was beautiful. It was nice to see all of my extended family. We did miss my Grandma and Grandpa who were unable to come due to health issues. Abby was a bit overwhelmed by all the people, but she had a really good time after she warmed up a bit.

My cousin Lyndsay and my sister Greta





The wedding on Saturday was very nice, at least what I saw of it! Abby was good, but now that she talks she does so whenever she feels like it. She has yet to learn that there are certain times when you have to be quiet. We went outside for most of the ceremony so we didn't interrupt! The reception was beautiful, probably the prettiest I have ever been to. It was held in a mansion right on a golf course. There were tons of flowers in bloom and there was a gorgeous view from anywhere you looked. Abby had a BLAST dancing to the music! She was so cute and very entertaining. She had on her Easter dress and was a bit disappointed because her dress wasn't long enough to touch the ground like some of the other girls but, she improvised. She would dance with her knees bent so her dress would touch the ground too, it was too cute. She stayed up dancing WAY past her bedtime, but she had so much fun!!







Sunday, we went to the airport once again and headed out to Colorado to stay with my parents for a few weeks. The plane ride was almost 4 hours long and it was overbooked, so needless to say there were no empty seats. Again, Abby did wonderful but I was very uncomfortable the whole time and I am dreading the plane ride back to Florida already!!! Overall, our short trip to Virgina was a lot of fun! It was great to see my family and weddings are always such a happy event!!

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com