Friday, May 25, 2007

A trip down memory lane

Last Friday was finally a nice day here in Colorado....the past couple of days have been cold, rainy, and grey!! Abby and I even had to buy some more clothes due to the fact that is was 38 degrees. Today was gorgeous though, sunny and in the mid 60's. We decided to visit Daddy's alma mater and took a little road trip to Colorado Springs to see the Air Force Academy. My Dad (or as Abby calls him, Papi) joined us and we stopped for breakfast in Castle Rock on the way down. I can't believe how much the area has grown! We drove right by the first apartment that Andrew and I had together. I can't believe I used to drive from Castle Rock to Boulder everyday!!! It is crazy what you will do for love!!! Anyway, after breakfast we headed down to the academy. It was sort of surreal being there, and a ton of wonderful memories came flooding back to me. I spent quite a lot of time with Andrew there while he was going to school, and we got married at the chapel (pictured below). I was bummed Andrew wasn't there to share the day with me but we took a few pictures so he could see his girls at his old stomping grounds!! We hit up the class six, the visitors center, and stopped by the chapel. It was a great way to spend the day and I can't wait to bring Abby back when Andrew can join us and she can understand the significance behind the trip!





4 comments:

Sam said...

Wow, great pictures!!! I love Castle Rock, I didn't know that's where you guys lived.
Give Abby a BIG hug from Nolan!

Unknown said...

Great pics, Cheyna. So sorry Andy couldn't be there with you two.
We are actually going to the Springs in July.

Enjoy your trip!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there to tell Abigail how great and wonderul the place is...and how she should really consider going there-because the tuition is right in the ball park of what I can afford! Miss you and love you!

Nancy E said...

I hope that Mikey and Ana go there , too!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com