Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Carnival- La Ceiba!

Soto Cano was graced with a four day weekend for Memorial Day, so a group of us decided to head up north to the city of La Ceiba, right on the Caribbean Sea. The city also borders one of the largest national parks in Honduras-Pico Bonito. It covers over 100,000 acres of unspoiled rainforest and mountains. Our time was split between Pico Bonito and La Ceiba. Over 300,000 people were in La Ceiba that weekend to celebrate Carnival. Wild!!!



Cooling off in the river after a day of rock climbing and whitewater rafting

A Honduran Badger fan...Very Nice (Thanks for the shirt Jane!)

Saturday was the big parade, lot's of floats and music

This performer begged me for a picture of her with my Borat shirt

Sunday was spent in Pico Bonito, on a zip line canopy tour.


Matt, Paul, Me, and Kelly after the zip-line at Jungle River Lodge. Matt was one of my freshmen in Mach One back at USAFA. Kelly is an 03'er Check out the website at jungleriverlodge.com

5 comments:

Sam said...

So it looks like it's been a rough time so far, eh? Kidding, glad you're having fun, these are awesome pictures!

The Vrabecs said...

I am jealous. The weather in Colorado has been hit or miss.....it was down to 38 degrees one night! I wish I could be there to do some of those things with you! I miss you! Xoxox

Nancy E said...

Does the hooch maid want to come to Colorado and clean my house and watch the twins?

Susan said...

very nice

The Kendall Family said...

hmmmmm...roughin it, huh? very cool!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com