Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A great day in Destin

Last Tuesday Abby and I headed to Destin Commons for the free kids movie they have every week in the summer. Last week was Charlotte's Web. I was a bit surprised when the movie started and it was the real version rather than the cartoon and I was a bit worried Abby wouldn't be all that interested. I was wrong, she sat through the entire movie and seemed to really enjoy it. After the movie we went out to play in the splash pad. It was really hot and she wasn't too into it so we opted to go have some lunch instead. We had a nice girls lunch at Panera and afterward we headed to the ice cream shop for a little treat. The ice cream shop was right across from the splash pad and after our ice cream Abby decided she wanted to play for a bit. She was having a blast. She played in the water and on the playground for a couple of hours and then we finally headed home. We had a great day together just the 2 of us!!


Here are a few shots of Abby playing at the splash pad:



3 comments:

Susan said...

Charlotte's Web is one of my most favorite books!

Jen Coppock said...

How much fun is that?!?!?! I think we have one here in the Ranch but have never been. Maybe Trev and I will do a little 007 work and find out before you guys get here.

Hey - Susan left a comment on my blog and wants the pictures from Trev and Abby playing in their little band... Can you email me her email address? Do you still have my email?

momto2boys said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com