Saturday, August 18, 2007

Oschner Park Zoo

We had an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday so, Abigail and I took full advantage of it. We slept in and took our time getting ready and then we headed to the local Baraboo zoo. It is a free zoo and it is very small but they have some good animals. It was just the right size for Abby.
Abby is feeding the swan and the goats grass she pulled up from the ground because her mom was too cheap to shell out a quarter for food. (All my money was in the car).


I told Abby to put her head in the lions mouth, and this is what I got :)


After we had seen all the animals, we headed down to the park, which was right by the zoo. We played on the playground, went down the slide, went on the swings, played in the sand and rode on the horses!




Abigail and I worked up quite an appetite at the zoo and the playground, so we decided to head to Daddy's favorite place for lunch...Culvers. We enjoyed our lunch and then we had a tasty treat outside, frozen custard. Yum! I know Andrew will be jealous we went, but we couldn't make a trip out to Wisconsin and not go to Culvers, it would be un-american. I guess you could say we were doing out patriotic duty ;)
Notice the similar pose in the 2 pictures??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the pictures. I remember that lion from when I was a kid. I also remember playing on those horses! I am quite jealous of your dining experience! Can you freeze a butter burger for me and ship it down here? Love you!
Andrew

Unknown said...

i remember culvers. i thought it was really good. i miss you and abby both a lot. come back to colorado and we can get qdoba hahaha

Sam said...

Mmmm, a butter burger! We were regulars at Culvers when I was pregnant with Nolan, so I am sure if we ever get to eat at one he'll totally remember the yumminess. Less than a week till I get to hug you girls. I literally can hardly wait. Love you's!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com