Wednesday, September 12, 2007

An age old question finally answered!

Abby and I were at Publix today shopping for some food, saying hello to the lobsters, and generally annoying everyone else in the store with our unorganized shopping style and large cart that lacks in turning radius! Anyway, we were happily shopping along when one of the greatest debates was finally solved.

Here is a little background on the story. A few months ago we had the McMenamy's over for dinner and there was a question as to whether or not the buns we had were rotten, or if they just had flour on them. I am a big baby when it comes to this stuff and I just throw things out at the first sign of spoilage, or anything that can be construed as such. Anyway, Brian, being the logical one in the group asked to see the bread because he wanted to know what color twisty tie it had. We all looked at him like he was crazy and he went on to explain that the color of the twisty tie somehow indicates how fresh the bread is. We all thought he was full of bologna and the continued to give him a hard time about it for the rest of the night and for weeks to come. Brian stuck by to his guns and soon we forgot the twisty tie debacle.

That is, until today. As I said, we were happily shopping along and I remembered I needed bread because this morning I was going to make toast and saw a speck of mold and threw the rest of the loaf away. As I was comparing the different kinds of bread I happened upon the following sign:



I couldn't believe it! I was standing in the bread aisle with my car shopping cart full of food, a toddler with cookie all over her face, cracking up. I then proceeded to pull my camera out of the diaper bag (I was so happy I had it with me!) and took a picture of the sign. By then I am sure the other shoppers quit being annoyed by me and felt sorry for me. I am sure they thought I should be committed. I was a crazed woman, with a toddler, laughing my butt off, taking pictures of bread!!! If I had seen me, I would have turned and ran the other way.

Bottom line is....Brian was right and we were wrong and here is the evidence to prove it!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Okay, I can't stop laughing. As much as it pains me I am going to have to copy this and send it on to Brian. I don't know what's more funny, the memory of all of this, or just imagining you in Publix taking out your camera. LOL!

Sam said...

"If you would just believe everything I say, life would be much easier; for me that is. I will admit I've been wrong before, but that has only happened once if I remember correctly. Thanks for the post & pics. Priceless!"
-BRIAN

Mom Mc said...

I would not have believed it also .One time when Brian was home the same subject came up and I had never heard anyting like that all MY long years. I thought they were all CRAZY!!! Kudos Brian

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com