Friday, July 17, 2009

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

While Susan and Andrew were in town visiting we decided to take a trip down to Colorado Springs for the day. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo which I insisted I had never been to but stand corrected as my Dad took me there when I was very young. Never the less, I didn't remember the zoo and we ended up absolutely LOVING it! It has such a beautiful, natural setting and you get in quite a workout walking up the side of the mountain visiting all the different animals. They have a wonderful giraffe exhibit where you can feed them "animal crackers", and an awesome bird house where the kiddos get up close and personal with the birds. There are a ton of little places just for kids where they can play, there is a spray hose, a petting zoo, and free face painting! I am a huge fan of the Denver Zoo, but this zoo is awesome too and I am glad we decided to go. I think it will be a place we visit for years to come!

Abby and Daddy by the giraffes

Our hatching baby owl






Olivia was tuckered out!
The next 2 shoots (and the one above) were taken by our budding photographer Abby!

All the benches were in shapes of different animals, it was really cool!
Abby and Daddy in the bird exhibit feeding the birds. Abby LOVED it!!!
Playing in the children's area

2 comments:

Susan said...

I had a great time too!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this zoo! My favorite part is the giraffes! I want to go and take Gabriel there so bad. By the way, you look fantastic!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com