Friday, October 19, 2007

Its Raining, Its Pouring!!

As many of you have seen on the news, the weather in the panhandle the last couple of days has been quite exciting, for lack of a better word. We woke up yesterday to pouring rain and it just got yuckier from there. We were supposed go to MOPS yesterday morning but with Abby being sick and the weather we just didn't make it out the door. That was probably a good thing because a little before noon we were under a tornado warning and Abby and I spent some quality time together in the closet. She thought it was a blast. I brought her potty chair in, the computer (so she could watch a movie), some snacks and drinks and we had a good ol time! I was determined to come up with some new activities to do inside because I didn't want to let her watch t.v. all day, and this is what we came up with:

Before the weather turned really bad, Abby put on her rain coat to brave the weather. Unfortunately, it was lightening at this point and we decided to skip splashing in the puddles and just enjoyed watching the rain for a bit from the comfort of the garage.

When we came back inside I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to do some potty training. I got out Abby's big girl underwear and she wore them around proudly. I am happy to report she had no accidents in the underwear yesterday and she did a lot of peeing and pooping on the potty!

After the tornado warning had expired, we decided it would be fun to bake some cookies! (Sorry, I have no pictures from when we were in the closet, I just grabbed the essentials listed above, and the camera was not one of them. Safety first!!) Abby loved helping me bake and she even wore an apron so she wouldn't get dirty, but somehow she managed to get dirty anyhow. Oh well, that was half the fun!
And now, time for a little brown sugar!!

In it goes!


"Oops, I spilled the chocolate chips. I guess I better eat them, no sense in letting them go to waste!"

Mmm...the best part, licking the spoon!

6 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

Looks like you guys made the best of a bad weather day!! It was so great to finally get to meet you all, even though at times it was extremely chaotic with the kiddos!! :) Abby is absolutely adorable and I'm so happy that Sam, Brian and Nolan have found such wonderful people.

momto2boys said...

Looks like a perfect rainy day to me!!!..... :) (without the time in the closet I would bet) mmmm cookies!

Sam said...

You are such a good mommy! Looks like you gals had a blast!!!

Susan said...

What fun!! She is her Grammy's girl ---chocolate chips straight from the bag - yummy!!!

The Smiths said...

I can picture the two of you in the closet! But you missed MA just a little while you were sitting in there!

The Kendall Family said...

yikes...I had no idea about this weather stuff! glad you had a good day!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com