Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bye, bye Paci!

Well, Abby hasn't had her paci in a week now. I finally got fed up with the thing and bit the bullet and took it away cold turkey. She was down to just using it in the car and at bedtime for a while now, but it was just time to get rid of it once and for all. I hit my limit when she kept throwing it in the car and then whining till she got it back. I finally told her that the paci is all gone and she hasn't had it since. She has asked for it, mostly in the car and nap time has been hard on both of us but we are getting through it! The side effect of no paci is oral diarrhea, she talks non-stop in the car now. For a few days she would talk about her paci the whole time. "Bye, bye paci" "Paci all gone" "I throw paci, paci all gone"! It is actually pretty entertaining hearing what she has to say, but I am sure it will get old eventually! Wish me luck, and with some willpower the paci will be a thing of the past!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee, hee! I laughed the entire time I read this to Jonathan. That was one thing we didn't have to deal with, I just never let Gabriel get used to one. Good luck! :o)

Unknown said...

That is so great that you got rid of it so early! You're a great mom.

Unknown said...

Let's see, you are breaking her of her Paci, potty training her, anything else? Will she be driving by the time I get home? I'm sorry I cant be there to help you with all these things. I am impressed and proud of you for taking so much on while I'm gone! I love you muchas!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com