Saturday, February 17, 2007

My poor baby!

****WARNING, these pictures are not pretty!*****

Well, what can I say? We have had a rough couple of weeks. It all started 2 weeks ago today, Abby woke up with a little cold and things just went downhill from there. She was sick all week and I finally took her to the doctor that Friday because I didn't want to end up in the ER. I thought they were going to tell me it was just a cold and there was nothing we could do about it. I was wrong, she was diagnosed with a double ear infection and put on antibiotics, ear drops and a decongestant. Over the weekend and into the beginning of the next week she stayed about the same. Then, on Wednesday when I went to get her out of bed in the morning she had thrown up all over the place and had diarrhea. Later that day, the vomiting and diarrhea continued to the point where she dehydrated herself. Andrew and I made a trip to the ER with her and she was treated for dehydration with an IV drip and she was given a shot of antibiotics because her infections were not improving. When we got home at 1 in the morning we saw that Bucky had eaten 2 bags of Valentine's chocolate and he was sick all night with a stomach ache and throwing up too!! The next day, we followed up with her regular doctor and he put her on a new set of antibiotics as a supplement to the injection she got at the hospital. To make the day even better, we got a flat tire after we went to the doctors office. We just couldn't catch a break. Thank goodness my dad and Andrew were there to take of that situation!! Then, on Friday morning Abigail woke up and started throwing up again and she had a horrific rash all over her body. Back to the doctor for us!! This time she was put on a steroid to treat the rash and taken off the antibiotic because we believe the rash was caused by an allergic reaction to one of the three antibiotics she was on. Today, the rash had traveled to her arms and legs and looks awful. She is very uncomfortable and itchy but she is eating which is a good sign. At this point all we can do is watch her and hope the steroids take care of the rash. If its not better by tomorrow or the next day I guess we will be making yet ANOTHER trip to the doctor. My poor girl! :( The following pictures really don't do the rash justice, the rash is much more red and puffy than it shows on the computer. But here are a few so you can get the idea.






These are pics from when the rash got REALLY bad on Abby's face and we almost went to the ER again:







This is the rash on Abby's arms and legs:



4 comments:

Sam said...

Oh, poor Abby! I teared up...she's so sweet! We missed you lots today & have a goodie bag for you (from Tristan).
Big hugs around for the Vrabec's!

Calla said...

Aww! Not fun for any of you! I hope everything clears up soon and Abby feels better!!!

Anonymous said...

That is quite the extreme RASH...omg...you all must have been miserable...hope everything clears up and you can all get back to normal....normal is GOOD!

Unknown said...

Wow... that is impressive Abby. It sure progressed from when I was there... YIKES! I hope everything starts turning up for you all. Give her a big hug for me.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com