Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Abigail

My Dearest Abigail,

Wow, I cannot even believe you are 5 years old, it just sounds so old, so grown-up.  I don't know why I am surprised though, because you are a big girl.  Truly no longer a little kid.  This past year I have watched you grow and become a little lady.  I am constantly amazed by your resilience and your ability to make the most of hard situations, especailly when it comes to moving.  We have uprooted numerous times in short life and you take it with a grain of salt and you are always looking forward to your next adventure.  You are such an outgoing, friendly, polite little girl and I am sure that has helped you tremendously when it comes to making new friends where ever you go!  You have no problem walking right up to another little kid, boy or girl, younger or older and asking them if they want to be your friend.  You are forever making "at the moment" friends at the playground, the store, and almost anywhere else we go.  You jumped right into your new school with anticipation and excitement and are already making friends there as well.  The best thing about it all is, you always include your sister.  You never leave her out or tell her she is too little to play with you.  The relationship that has developed between you and Olivia is among the most fascinating and satisfying things I have ever been witness to.  The pure, unconditional love that you guys show for each other warms my soul and makes my heart smile.  That is not to say you two don't have your moments, but even when you guys are mad or yelling at each other, or pushing one another's buttons it doesn't last long and always ends in laughter or a hug.  I believe your personality makes you a perfect oldest child.  You are so nurturing, caring, forgiving, sensitive, and sweet and you know how to handle your sister when she is in a mood.  I am sure you will be wonderful with your brother as well, and I can't wait to see that relationship form and grow.

You have recently found a passion for cooking.  You have always enjoyed it, but in recent months your abilities and your zest for cooking/baking has grown ten-fold.  You are always looking to help in the kitchen and you are getting very good at it.  It makes me happy that you have a natural ability when it comes to cooking and that you find so much enjoyment in it.  You love going to the store to help pick out the ingredients, you love preparing food and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty!  You get a lot of enjoyment out of sharing your meals with the people you love and I always see a proud smile on your face when we tell you how yummy everything is.  Even when you aren't cooking, you are asking to watch cooking shows instead of cartoons!  I only wish that your enthusiasm with cooking would lead you to be more adventurous with your actual eating.  You are still fairly picky, but slowly it is getting better.

You are such an amazing little girl, Abigail.  You bring joy and happiness into the lives of everyone you meet.  You have taught me more about life than I ever dreamt possible and you've shown me that being a Mommy is the most important and rewarding thing I will ever do!

Happy Birthday Abigail, I love you!
All the love in my heart,
Mommy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Cheyna, your birthday posts are always so beautiful. They always make me cry! Abigail is blessed to have such wonderful parents.

Sam said...

Glad I waited until the boys were asleep to read this. Happy Birthday sweet Abigail, we miss you all so much!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com