Thursday, March 18, 2010

Me and My Gal Day

Last week I was able to go to school with Abby for Me and My Gal Day.  I always wonder what Abby is up to at school while I am away and I was able to get a glimpse into her world.  I love to see that she is thriving in her school environment.  I never would have thought that she would LOVE school with such an intensity and be so excited about it everyday.  I remember worrying about her when she first started at  Mom's Day Out and how she would cry when I would drop her off.  I would have to distract her on the way so she wouldn't cry the whole way there.  Now, she is counting down the days and asking why she can't go to school more.  But, I digress...Me and My Gal Day was lots of fun for both of us and something that we were both looking forward to for months.  She gave hints about the "special" things we would do, the gifts we would get, and the songs we would hear.  She was just bursting at the seams waiting to show me all around her classroom.  Our special project was making a vase out of clay and filling it with some flowers.  We listened to a story, and the kids sang the songs they had been practicing.       After some more playing and a snack, I was able to go to music class with Abby.  The day went by way too fast and I will cherish these memories forever!  I am so proud of my little preschooler and the wonderful little girl she is becoming!  Thank you for letting my be your Gal Abby!!!

Abby was so excited to get all dressed up in her "fancy" dress.  And her face lit up every time someone commented on her dress!  She is my little fashionista!

Me with both of my gals.  Andrew's cousins were in town and were gracious enough to watch Olivia for me so that I could completely focus on Abby and have our special time together.


Molding the clay into a vase


Abby with the finished project.  You can't really see the vase, but it turned out good!


Abigail and Angelina playing with blocks at the light table.  Abby and Angelina have gotten to be good friends over the past few months.


Having a snack:
Angelina, Gavi, Abigail

This is the present we received from the kids.  The teacher asked them all questions about their mom's and wrote down their answers.  I LOVE that she thinks I am 21!!  Also, the teacher shared a few with the whole class and of course shared Abigail's answer about what I cook best.  When I heard the question I knew I was in trouble because I am not the best cook, but I didn't think my 4 year old would sell me out the to whole class!!  **I have reposted what it says below in case you can't read it**


**She cooks potatoes the best.  One time she made them explode because she forgot the holes, but it still tasted good!**


This is the picture she drew of me.  I love my long eyelashes and long legs, but I can't seem to find my arms!  :-)

6 comments:

ASHLEY AND RYAN said...

I am cracking up!! That is too funny, I love that you shop all day :) I cant wait for times like these!!

Sam said...

I love it and wow, she is really good at drawing, thats amazing!! I miss you all so much!

Jennifer B. said...

This just warms my heart! I can't wait to be able to do these kinds of things with Jasmine!

Susan said...

so sweet!

The Kendall Family said...

I had fun at your 21st birthday bash!!! Abby is such a beautiful little girl:)

Genest Family said...

Awww, that is so sweet! One of the special things between a mommy & her daughter(s).

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com