Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A more positive attitude

As many of you know, I am not crazy about the area we live in right now. Crestview isn't exactly a bustling city with endless opportunities for fun. The restaurants and shopping leave much to be desired, there is only one major park, there are no museums or indoor children's gyms, and the bugs are utterly disgusting! Basically there are a ton of houses, some fast food restaurants, and a Wal-Mart. With that being said, I have decided that I need to be more positive about the area and enjoy it while I can. I know that we won't always live 20 miles from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And, I also know that someday (probably not too far in the future) we will again be dealing with snow, traffic and a whole new set of problems. My plan for this summer is to enjoy the area and get out and do as much as possible. Abby has really taken to the beach this year which is a far cry from last year when she hated the sand and was terrified of the water. In fact, this morning she asked me if I would take her to the beach and if we could stay there forever and ever. I am going to enjoy time in the sun, eating my fair share of ice cream, and living life through Abigail's eyes. It takes so little to make her happy and I am going to take that lesson and run with it. I can't say that I won't ever complain about the things I mentioned above, but I am going to try to remember that along with the bad there are some really great things about this place. I know I will miss it when I am gone, we've made some really good friends and made some lifelong memories, so I am going to make the best of it.

Here are a few shots of us making the most of what the area has to offer, and I am sure I will have many more to share over the summer!















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love for Gabriel to be near a beach...but, there are good and bad everywhere, and your right, you will miss it when your gone. :o) Enjoy your summer! Maybe we can visit soon!

Sam said...

I love the pics! It's definitely challenging not having many "kid friendly" options, but the beach really make up for it. Can't wait to spend the summer with you guys building sandcastles and eating ice cream!! :)

momto2boys said...

:) Love the pics!!! :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com