Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's in my life, I hope you all have a wonderful day! Being a Mom is the best job a girl could ask for.  I can't name one thing in life that is better than the love I see and feel from Abby on a daily basis.  The things being a mother has taught me are priceless and I know I will only continue to learn with time, and its something I am very much looking forward to.  Don't get me wrong motherhood has not come without its hardships, but a kiss and smile from Abby can erase those things in a heartbeat.  Last year I wrote down some things about being a mom and I think I am going to continue on with the tradition:

BECAUSE I AM YOUR MOM:
Because I am your mom, I get to come up with an answer to the question "why?" 500 times a day.
Because I am your mom, I am remembering my love for princesses and all things "girlie".
Because I am your mom, I wake up with a smile each morning not knowing exactly what the day has in store.
Because I am your mom, I warm your milk in the microwave because that is the way you like it even though I find it a bit strange. 
Because I am your mom, I get to kiss your boo-boo's to make them all better.
Because I am your mom, I get to say goodnight to the moon.
Because I am your mom, bath time is fun again.
Because I am your mom, I cannot leave the house without being prepared for hundreds of different scenarios.
Because I am your mom, I am strengthening my relationship with God so that you may have one yourself.
Because I am your mom, I drive a snack box on wheels instead of a car.
Because I am your mom, I recite nursery rhymes numerous times a day.
Because I am your mom, I sing off-key every night before you go to bed. 
Because I am your mom, I have learned that a shoe obsession can start at a VERY early age.
Because I am your mom, I play with play-doh almost everyday and most days I have just as much fun as you do.
Because I am your mom, I have learned that housework can be put off just a while longer so that I can make a mess with you.
Because I am your mom, I have found the joy in the small things such as balloons, bubbles, and glitter sticks.
Because I am your mom, I am learning things about life I never would have had the joy of knowing if it weren't for you.
Because I am your mom, I am the luckiest woman in the world!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend. This of course made me cry. You are such a wonderful mommy.

momto2boys said...

What a winderful post!! Happy Mother's day!

momto2boys said...

oops...wonderful...

Unknown said...

Very sweet post! I loved the "strengthing your relationship with God so that she will have one"....we feel the same way. Have a WONDERFUL mother's day!

Anonymous said...

that is so special and awesome,
mom

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com