Monday, October 26, 2009

Olivia's 1st Birthday

Olivia's actual birthday was pretty low-key since we had just gotten back from our trip to the Grand Canyon the day before, however, it was not lacking in birthday traditions! We went out for lunch to celebrate before Ana had to go home to Colorado. We went to Red Robin and after her meal Olivia enjoyed some of her birthday sundae. She didn't really know what to do with it as you can see.....
Then, later that night we had a small family celebration with dinner, birthday hats, and of course some cake. Olivia made more of a mess than Abby did at that age, but she seemed to be playing with it more than actually eating it. I guess she liked the way it felt squishing between her fingers and rubbing it in her hair!
My Birthday Girl before the cake mess!

My girlies...I think its funny that they are both kind of posed the same with their hands up!

Let the fun and the mess begin!!


Olivia wanted to share some of her cake with her sister!

She managed to get it all over Abby too!

Sugar coma!!

Opening her presents. Abby got her a little mailbox toy and Andrew and I got her a "special blankie" Abigail also wanted to give her sister one of her dolls so she went upstairs all by herself to pick out a doll to give Olivia and wrapped up for her. Abby is so generous with her sister, I just hope that continues!!
I still can't believe my baby girl is a year old already. I really don't know where the time goes....

3 comments:

Susan said...

Awwww - such sweet pictures!

The Kendall Family said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Genest Family said...

She's adorable!! I love the cake pictures, looks like they both had a good time!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com