Saturday, October 31, 2009

Octobers Random Ramblings

  • As we have been getting used to living in a new place I have been getting my bearings. Needless to say, I have taken a wrong turn here or there. One night on our way home I had to make a u-turn and I heard a sweet little voice in the back say, "Oh no, Mom is leading us on a wild goose chase again!"
  • When Abby and/or Olivia are being goofy I ask "Where do you guys come from?" One day Abby replied, "From the moon Mom. We came down in a raindrop through the roof of the van. I was strong enough to hold my baby sister. And that is how we got into this family." Ok then!
  • Lots of people ask how old the girls are and Abby proudly says "4, and this one (pointing to Olivia) started out at 7 months but now she's almost 1!"
  • Abby is very chatty in the car, and one day she was talking about Bucky and asking when we could get a dog again. I told her we probably wouldn't be getting another pet till after Andrew was done in the Air Force. For some reason her next question was, "well, when that happens can we get 3 puppies?" I told her I thought that would be too much work, and she said, "Well, I will take care of one, Daddy can take care of one, Olivia can take care of one, and you can just relax!"
  • When Abby wants to say she is sorry for something, she says "Mommy, I want to apology for ____."
  • The girls and I went shopping at the Halloween store to look for some costumes. As we were going in Abigail informed me that "since I am 4 now, I'm not afraid of ANYTHING!" Well, there were some pretty spooky things in there and there were a few things she didn't really want to look at. She tried to put on a brave face and I left it alone...heck, some of it scared me a bit. On the way out she stressed once again that she is not scared she was "just a little nervous,"
  • One day Abby called from the bathroom, "Hey Mom, guess what? My pee smells like popcorn!"
  • On Olivia's birthday Abby and I were talking about birthdays and getting older as we were in the car. At the end of the conversation she said, "Mom, when we get home I am going to write a letter to God and ask him to stop my birthday's when I turn 7 because I don't want to get any older than that."
  • When we went away for the weekend to the Grand Canyon we stayed in a cabin in Flagstaff. The first night we were they had a campfire cookout of hotdogs, hamburgers and s'mores for dessert. Abby seemed to really enjoy herself but after she was done eating her s'mores she got a little bored. She kept asking if we could go back inside and then finally looked at me very seriously and said, "Mom I just can't take it anymore" I asked what she couldn't take and she said, " I just can't take any more of the outdoor worldness tonight!"

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com