Sunday, December 09, 2007

Road Trip!

This weekend we took a short road trip to Biloxi, Mississippi to visit one of Andrew's friends he made while deployed in Honduras and to see the Disney Princesses on Ice! Abby was in awe of all the different princesses. I was floored at how expensive all of the "extras" cost. I am glad that Abby doesn't know the difference yet because we could have spent a small fortune on food and souvenirs alone (cotton candy was $10)!!! Crazy!! Anyway, we had a blast and it was worth every penny to see the look on Abby's face when the princesses took the ice.

Daddy and Abby right before the show started



As I had mentioned before, the ice show was not the only reason for our trip. We also visited with Andrew's friend Paul and his family while we were there. Paul and his wife Brenda have 2 daughters that Abby just loved. They went to the princess show with us and let Abby play with all of their girly toys. They were very good with Abby and Abby was having a ball with the "big girls". In fact, the girls were so excited to play with Abby on Sunday morning that they just couldn't wait for her to wake up. I heard some stirring in Abby's room over the monitor at around 6:45 am and thought (actually wished) that she would fall back asleep for a little while longer. Then, I heard some other voices and realized that Abby was not alone. After a few minutes all was quiet again and I decided I should go investigate. When I walked into the room I found an empty port a crib, Abby wasn't in there anymore! As I walked down the hall, I passed by the girls room and heard them all in there giggling. In a truly selfish moment I decided to let them play and I went back to lay down and rest. I was able to rest for a good 15 minutes before I heard the pitter patter of little feet running down the hall and saw a smiling Abby come running toward me with 2 giggling girls running behind her. It was just too cute!!! It was good to meet Paul and his family. It was neat to be able to meet someone that Andrew was deployed with. It is nice that they only live a little over 2 hours away. Hopefully we will see them all again soon!

A mini reunion. Andrew and Paul aka Charger and Fiddler!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad you were all feeling better so that you could go to the Princess show and have fun in Biloxi. Love, Grammy

Unknown said...

That's awesome she got to the show! See....ya'll can drive up here to see us, too! ;o) We'll have to plan a FL vacation after the holidays.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com